Okonomiyaki is a Japanese-style savory pancake. Okonomi means “As-you-like-it” and recipes differ depending on the region; traditionally Osaka and Hiroshima. I teach how to make Okonomiyaki from scratch for guests from abroad at my private kitchen here in Tokyo. In this online cooking class, let's make Osaka-style Okonomiyaki from scratch!
I will share with you the list of ingredients and utensils before the class. If you have food restrictions or allergies, please tell me in advance! There is a Vegetarian option available for this class.
"Konnichiwa! I'm a home cooking chef and recipe creator. I've welcomed thousands of guests to my private kitchen here in Tokyo. So excited to continue online! Worked as a food writer in Toronto (CANADA) and New York (US), I came back to Tokyo and worked at a fermented food & vegetarian/vegan cuisine restaurant. Currently, I offer Japanese cooking classes at my private kitchen studio and teach healthy cooking for guests from all over the world while creating more recipes. I'm a mother of two children and two toy poodles. Let's enjoy making Japanese food!"
- Choose your preferred date and time on the calendar.
- Receive a confirmation email with a link to join the video call (Jitsi.org secure and private).
- You will receive a list of ingredients and all material.
- Prepare your phone and laptop before the session. Open the video call with the link on both devices.
- Mute the phone & lower the volume to 0 and use only the back camera to show your hands to the teacher.
- Turn on your laptop’s camera, mic and volume to show your overall cooking station and face and also be able to always be able to look at what your teacher is doing.