During this live cooking class with Sabina you will discover how to make delicious spaghetti Carbonara. This cheesy pasta dish is an Italian favourite and with the right technique, you can make it perfect every time.
- Pasta or Spaghetti
- Guanciale (you can also use Pancetta or Bacon)
I’m Sabina, and I am thrilled to introduce you to the secrets of our genuine traditional cuisine. Before becoming a Personal Chef and a Chef instructor, I learnt the magic of cooking from my two grannies, both excellent cooks. At the age of 5, I knew exactly how to make fresh pasta dough, and I had already melted for over-usage my first “Dolce Forno” a toy oven that could cook small pastry desserts.
At the age of 25 I replaced my mum in a cooking class of a course she was attending, and from that moment on I took cooking classes anytime I had the opportunity to do it, even when I was on holiday. It was 30 years ago, and in Rome, there were only two cooking schools. After taking a degree in Economics and having worked first as a financial accountant and later as a professional sworn translator, I decided that cooking had to become my job. I took a professional diploma as a Personal Chef, opened a food blog, worked for a food magazine, and in 2014 I founded my cooking school in Rome.
I love bringing my background and experience to the classroom, creating for you an enjoyable way to fine-tune your culinary skills and a great way to spend time together in a warm and relaxed atmosphere. I can’t do without tradition in my cuisine, transforming it with a creative and innovative eye. Traditional, genuine family recipes are the base of my class menus.
My greatest joy is to share my knowledge of our traditional cuisine while, at the same time, doing the best I can to satisfy your needs and curiosity about Italian food. Cooking for me is an extraordinary experience, and it means taking you by the hand to a joyful place where you can feel free and happy to learn creatively.
Follow me on a beautiful culinary journey!"
- Choose your preferred date and time on the calendar.
- Receive a confirmation email with a link to join the video call (Jitsi.org secure and private).
- You will receive a list of ingredients and all material.
- Prepare your phone and laptop before the session. Open the video call with the link on both devices.
- Mute the phone & lower the volume to 0 and use only the back camera to show your hands to the teacher.
- Turn on your laptop’s camera, mic and volume to show your overall cooking station and face and also be able to always be able to look at what your teacher is doing.